Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
Local Program Hosts
Tue December 17, 2013
StoryCorps: Jessica Smith, Dominique Merchant & Sia Foday
Jessica Smith, Dominique Merchant and Sia Foday met at camp New Hope. It’s a camp for young people living with Sickle Cell Anemia, a disease that causes a wide array of health problems. The three friends are now in their twenties and working as counselors at New Hope. In the StoryCorps booth, the three friends talked about the struggles that their illness caused early in their lives. Dominque began their conversation.
This story was recorded in partnership with the Sickle Cell Foundation of Georgia and the Atlanta History Center, which hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.
National Day of Listening