Most Active Stories
- Avondale Estates Rebuilding Commercial Area One Small, Locally-Owned Business at a Time
- Atlanta Releases Names of Fired Watershed Employees
- "The Bitter Southerner" Celebrates its Anniversary with a New Business Model
- Dark Day for Former DeKalb Commissioner Elaine Boyer
- Ten-Acre Development Proposed for Piedmont/Lindbergh Area in Buckhead
Local Program Hosts
Tue December 3, 2013
StoryCorps: John Hornbeck and Jackie Hornbeck-Wall
John Hornbeck has 6 grandchildren, and he has written lullabies for each child. Hornbeck was a high school chorus director for many years, but his interest in singing wasn’t always so serious. In the StoryCorps booth, John told his daughter Jackie the story of how he first joined his high school’s chorus.
This story was recorded in partnership with the Atlanta History Center, which hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.
National Day of Listening