Most Active Stories
- ASO Lockout Puts Season Opener in Jeopardy: Conversations with Both Sides
- Obama To Visit CDC Tuesday
- Cobb Commission Selects Firm to Oversee Atlanta Braves Stadium Construction
- Georgia's School Funding Headed for Big Changes: A Talk with Two of the Legislature's Budget Writers
- New Blog Unveils Old Atlanta
Local Program Hosts
Tue May 27, 2014
StoryCorps: Judy Linzie
Judy Linzie came to America from Cuba when she was 10 years old. She entered through Operation Peter Pan – a CIA project which brought 14,000 Cuban children to the United States between 1960 and 1962. In the StoryCorps booth, Judy told her daughters, Amy Linzie and Kelly Hamby, about why her parents chose to send her two sisters and her to the United States.
This story was recorded in partnership with the Atlanta History Center, which hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.