Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
Local Program Hosts
Tue May 27, 2014
StoryCorps: Judy Linzie
Judy Linzie came to America from Cuba when she was 10 years old. She entered through Operation Peter Pan – a CIA project which brought 14,000 Cuban children to the United States between 1960 and 1962. In the StoryCorps booth, Judy told her daughters, Amy Linzie and Kelly Hamby, about why her parents chose to send her two sisters and her to the United States.
This story was recorded in partnership with the Atlanta History Center, which hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.