Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- 25 new hours of new local programming
Local Program Hosts
Tue October 29, 2013
StoryCorps: Karen Helms Ward and Sarah Ward
Karen Helms Ward was born in the United States shortly after World War II. Growing up, the conflict rarely crossed her mind.
However, when her husband Charles got a job in The Hague years later, she joined him, and while there, she made an unexpected connection.
Karen recently spoke to her daughter Sarah about the experience.
This story was recorded in partnership with the Atlanta History Center, host of the Atlanta StoryCorps Studio.
Ten Years of StoryCorps