Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
Tue October 29, 2013
StoryCorps: Karen Helms Ward and Sarah Ward
Karen Helms Ward was born in the United States shortly after World War II. Growing up, the conflict rarely crossed her mind.
However, when her husband Charles got a job in The Hague years later, she joined him, and while there, she made an unexpected connection.
Karen recently spoke to her daughter Sarah about the experience.
This story was recorded in partnership with the Atlanta History Center, host of the Atlanta StoryCorps Studio.
Ten Years of StoryCorps