Most Active Stories
- Avondale Estates Rebuilding Commercial Area One Small, Locally-Owned Business at a Time
- Ten-Acre Development Proposed for Piedmont/Lindbergh Area in Buckhead
- Dark Day for Former DeKalb Commissioner Elaine Boyer
- StoryCorps Atlanta: Cecilia Sáenz Becerra and Taryn Jordan
- UPDATE: Historic Trio Laundry Building Being Demolished
Local Program Hosts
Tue March 11, 2014
StoryCorps: Lanvester Jackson and Arletta Brinson
Lanvester Jackson has always loved music. And while some people pick up the guitar or the drums, he’s always had a passion for another instrument. In the StoryCorps booth, Lanvester told his friend Arletta Brinson about how the organ shaped his childhood.
It was actually his father who got Lanvester that first organ. This story was recorded in partnership with Paradise Missionary Baptist Church, and the Atlanta History Center, which hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.