Most Active Stories
- Krog Street Tunnel Painted Over to Protest Masquerade
- Woodruff Arts Center Gives Atlanta Symphony Players Deadline to Accept Contract Proposal
- Artists Could Crash Controversial Krog Tunnel Masquerade
- Wait, Why Is the CDC in Atlanta?
- Indictment Charges Driver in Greg Germani Hit-and-Run with Attempted Murder
Local Program Hosts
Tue March 11, 2014
StoryCorps: Lanvester Jackson and Arletta Brinson
Lanvester Jackson has always loved music. And while some people pick up the guitar or the drums, he’s always had a passion for another instrument. In the StoryCorps booth, Lanvester told his friend Arletta Brinson about how the organ shaped his childhood.
It was actually his father who got Lanvester that first organ. This story was recorded in partnership with Paradise Missionary Baptist Church, and the Atlanta History Center, which hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.