Most Active Stories
- What's in a Nickname: Murder Kroger or BeltLine Kroger
- Residents Near Emory Gain Momentum In Effort To Join City Of Atlanta
- Lois Reitzes on the Exciting Changes at WABE
- Reed's Comments On Possible Sale Of Turner Field Surprise Some Community Leaders
- New Atlanta Streetcar Involved In Two Crashes Before Debut
Local Program Hosts
Tue March 11, 2014
StoryCorps: Lanvester Jackson and Arletta Brinson
Lanvester Jackson has always loved music. And while some people pick up the guitar or the drums, he’s always had a passion for another instrument. In the StoryCorps booth, Lanvester told his friend Arletta Brinson about how the organ shaped his childhood.
It was actually his father who got Lanvester that first organ. This story was recorded in partnership with Paradise Missionary Baptist Church, and the Atlanta History Center, which hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.