Most Active Stories
- Avondale Estates Rebuilding Commercial Area One Small, Locally-Owned Business at a Time
- Atlanta Releases Names of Fired Watershed Employees
- "The Bitter Southerner" Celebrates its Anniversary with a New Business Model
- Ten-Acre Development Proposed for Piedmont/Lindbergh Area in Buckhead
- Dark Day for Former DeKalb Commissioner Elaine Boyer
Local Program Hosts
Tue April 15, 2014
StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
When 20-year-old Nicholas Church came to the United States on a summer trip from his home in the UK, he asked the clerk at the bus station in New York to send him somewhere pretty.
He landed in the small town of Cashiers, North Carolina for the summer, where he met Reese McCranie. The two quickly developed feelings for each other, and a romantic relationship ensued. When the summer was over, Nicholas returned to the UK.
Recently in Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth, Reese explained what happened next, picking up the story in his college years.
This story was recorded in partnership with the Atlanta History Center, which hosts Atlanta’s StoryCorps booth.