Most Active Stories
- Avondale Estates Rebuilding Commercial Area One Small, Locally-Owned Business at a Time
- Ten-Acre Development Proposed for Piedmont/Lindbergh Area in Buckhead
- Dark Day for Former DeKalb Commissioner Elaine Boyer
- StoryCorps Atlanta: Cecilia Sáenz Becerra and Taryn Jordan
- UPDATE: Historic Trio Laundry Building Being Demolished
Local Program Hosts
Mon April 12, 2010
Storycorps: Sheri Davis-Faulkner & Charles Moore
A Grady-Hospital doctor who runs a free clinic in his spare time tells his advisee what got him started, and what keeps him going.
Atlanta, GA – Grady Hospital doctor Charles Moore runs a free clinic out of City of Refuge, a nonprofit Christian organization on Atlanta's west side. Last year, he started advising Emory doctoral candidate Sheri Davis-Faulkner on research she was doing there. Sheri had some questions for Dr. Moore about his clinic, which is called "Heal" and about his own journey.