Most Active Stories
- Conservatives Call for Boycott of Companies That Opposed SB 377
- Common Core Bill Could Cause Data Problems for Schools
- Marijuana, Medicaid & Food Stamp Drug Testing Make Crossover Deadline
- Senate Passes Bill Banning Abortion Coverage from Some Insurance Policies
- Senate Passes Bill Aimed at Separating Georgia from Common Core
Local Program Hosts
The 5:44 with Denis O'Hayer
Thu January 30, 2014
Stranded Students and the APS Storm Response: A Talk with School Board Chair Courtney English
On Thursday, January 30, 2014, Atlanta School Superintendent Erroll Davis issued a statement, apologizing to parents whose children were stranded on buses during this week's snowstorm.
Most of the stranded students were taken to schools for shelter, but some spent the night on buses.
WABE's Denis O'Hayer talked about the school system's storm response with Courtney English, the newly-elected chairman of the Atlanta Board of Education.
(Notes: WABE also attempted to contact Superintendent Davis. His communications representative did respond, but not before the deadline for this conversation. Also a note of disclosure: WABE's broadcast license is held by the Atlanta Board of Education.)