Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
Local Program Hosts
The 5:44 with Denis O'Hayer
Thu January 30, 2014
Stranded Students and the APS Storm Response: A Talk with School Board Chair Courtney English
On Thursday, January 30, 2014, Atlanta School Superintendent Erroll Davis issued a statement, apologizing to parents whose children were stranded on buses during this week's snowstorm.
Most of the stranded students were taken to schools for shelter, but some spent the night on buses.
WABE's Denis O'Hayer talked about the school system's storm response with Courtney English, the newly-elected chairman of the Atlanta Board of Education.
(Notes: WABE also attempted to contact Superintendent Davis. His communications representative did respond, but not before the deadline for this conversation. Also a note of disclosure: WABE's broadcast license is held by the Atlanta Board of Education.)