Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
Mon August 12, 2013
Three Page-Turners...from Karin Slaughter
Unsurprisingly, Karin Slaughter’s book picks are all fairly exciting…and a little grim. The bestselling crime writer, who calls Atlanta home, has a habit of setting her novels in or near our fair city (the latest, Unseen, is set in Macon).
What does she look for in a page-turner? Character development, suspense…and, she says, it doesn’t hurt to have a little blood.
Here's the radio edit:
And in this extended version of the interview, Karin discusses growing up in Gone With the Wind Central, Jonesboro, Georgia; why a crime writer enjoys reading crime fiction for fun, and her adolescent obsession with the "so-bad-it's-good" gothic writing of V.C. Andrews.
Karin Slaughter’s Picks: