Most Active Stories
- Arrest in Cyclist Greg Germani Hit-and-Run
- Demolition Underway at Suburban Plaza
- Federal Legislation Pending to Expand Kennesaw Battlefield National Park
- Children's Hospital of Atlanta Considering New Clinical Services at I-85 and North Druid Hills Road
- Ethics Chief Says She Was Pressured By Deal Aides To Settle 2010 Investigation
Local Program Hosts
Mon August 12, 2013
Three Page-Turners...from Karin Slaughter
Unsurprisingly, Karin Slaughter’s book picks are all fairly exciting…and a little grim. The bestselling crime writer, who calls Atlanta home, has a habit of setting her novels in or near our fair city (the latest, Unseen, is set in Macon).
What does she look for in a page-turner? Character development, suspense…and, she says, it doesn’t hurt to have a little blood.
Here's the radio edit:
And in this extended version of the interview, Karin discusses growing up in Gone With the Wind Central, Jonesboro, Georgia; why a crime writer enjoys reading crime fiction for fun, and her adolescent obsession with the "so-bad-it's-good" gothic writing of V.C. Andrews.
Karin Slaughter’s Picks: