Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
Local Program Hosts
Thu May 29, 2014
Unknown Virus at CDC Sickens Dozens of Workers
The Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is working with the DeKalb County Health Department to try to find out what made dozens of CDC office workers sick.
People started getting sick last Friday. CDC spokesman Tom Skinner says three to four dozen workers have been affected at a single office in Century Center in DeKalb County.
“This building where people are experiencing some sort of gastrointestinal illness is a leased office building,” said Skinner. “There are no labs of any sort in this building. It’s strictly office space.”
Skinner says the CDC has also called in crews to give the office a thorough cleaning and has asked its staffers at that office to work from home while it and the county try to determine the source of the illness.
Health & Science