Most Active Stories
- Krog Street Tunnel Painted Over to Protest Masquerade
- Woodruff Arts Center Gives Symphony Players Deadline to Accept Contract Proposal
- Artists Could Crash Controversial Krog Tunnel Masquerade
- Controversial Krog Masquerade Goes On
- Tesla Expanding Georgia Presence; Facing Court Battle from Georgia Automobile Dealers Association
Local Program Hosts
Atlanta Chamber Players
Tue May 13, 2014
"A Very Supreme Experience" - Paula Peace on Chamber Music and Retirement
Paula Peace has announced her retirement after 38 years with the Atlanta Chamber Players. Peace is the co-founding Artistic Director of the Players and served as pianist for the group. She joined WABE's Lois Reitzes for a conversation about her retirement and to look back at starting the Chamber Players almost four decades ago.
The City of Atlanta recognized Peace for her years of service to the Players and to the metropolitan Atlanta community by proclaiming April 8 Paula Peace Day. Peace gives her final performance with the Players at the New American Shakespeare Tavern on May 13. More information at Atlanta PlanIt.
The audio version of this story identifies Paula Peace as the founding Artistic Director of the Atlanta Chamber Players. Peace is co-founder with Melanie Cramer. We regret the error.
This story originally aired April 8, 2014.