Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
Local Program Hosts
Fri October 4, 2013
WABE & Creative Loafing Share "The Heavy Lift"
Creative Loafing has rolled out a series of articles looking at metro Atlanta’s non-profit community. The project -- titled “The Heavy Lift” -- is a collaboration between the weekly paper and WABE. We spoke to the two journalists behind the series: from Creative Loafing, News Editor Thomas Wheatley, and from WABE, reporter Jim Burress.
If you have any information to share regarding the origins of Atlanta's non-profit community, you can do so in the comment section below. You can find The Heavy Lift on Creative Loafing's website here. The first segment in WABE's half of the series will air this Saturday morning during Weekend Edition.