Most Active Stories
- Conservatives Call for Boycott of Companies That Opposed SB 377
- Common Core Bill Could Cause Data Problems for Schools
- Marijuana, Medicaid & Food Stamp Drug Testing Make Crossover Deadline
- Senate Passes Bill Banning Abortion Coverage from Some Insurance Policies
- Tension Rising in DeKalb Cityhood Debate
Local Program Hosts
Mon September 16, 2013
WellStar Plans Almost $6 Million Renovation at Cobb Hospital
WellStar Health System plans to spend $5.6 million to renovate the women’s center at its Cobb County hospital in Austell.
Under the renovation, all four floors of the women’s center would receive an upgrade.
The 382-bed center currently includes labor and delivery rooms, a neonatal intensive care unit and mother/baby rooms. Stephen Vault is Director of Strategic Planning and Business Development for WellStar Health System.
“It’s needed to better meet the need of our patients and to serve those patients who are using our women’s center more efficiently. We want to make our women’s center just very inviting to our patients who are coming there to have their babies and who are being seen and treated in the hospital.”
But before the renovation can start, WellStar Cobb Hospital needs to get the green light from state officials under what’s called the certificate of need process. If the project is approved, WellStar Cobb hopes to break ground early next year and to complete the project by August of 2015. The center was last renovated in 2003.