Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
Mon September 16, 2013
WellStar Plans Almost $6 Million Renovation at Cobb Hospital
WellStar Health System plans to spend $5.6 million to renovate the women’s center at its Cobb County hospital in Austell.
Under the renovation, all four floors of the women’s center would receive an upgrade.
The 382-bed center currently includes labor and delivery rooms, a neonatal intensive care unit and mother/baby rooms. Stephen Vault is Director of Strategic Planning and Business Development for WellStar Health System.
“It’s needed to better meet the need of our patients and to serve those patients who are using our women’s center more efficiently. We want to make our women’s center just very inviting to our patients who are coming there to have their babies and who are being seen and treated in the hospital.”
But before the renovation can start, WellStar Cobb Hospital needs to get the green light from state officials under what’s called the certificate of need process. If the project is approved, WellStar Cobb hopes to break ground early next year and to complete the project by August of 2015. The center was last renovated in 2003.