Most Active Stories
- Avondale Estates Rebuilding Commercial Area One Small, Locally-Owned Business at a Time
- Atlanta Releases Names of Fired Watershed Employees
- "The Bitter Southerner" Celebrates its Anniversary with a New Business Model
- Remembering the Beatles' Legendary Atlanta Concert
- Dark Day for Former DeKalb Commissioner Elaine Boyer
Local Program Hosts
Fri December 20, 2013
Who really likes Fruitcake?
There are many December holiday traditions. Maybe it is finding that perfect Christmas tree, setting up decorations or sending out cards. But what probably doesn’t come to mind is fruitcake. It seems to be under appreciated by many, but we were sure that we could find someone here in Atlanta who loves it. WABE’s David Barasoain found such a person at The Monastery of the Holy Spirit in Conyers.
Atlanta Sounds: The Monk