Most Active Stories
- Cracking The Code On Atlanta's Film Signs
- Girls Are Loud, Dirty, Messy In Atlanta Photographer’s Series
- Atlanta's New Recycling Center Goes Beyond Bottles And Cans
- Sandy Springs Housing Too Expensive For Mercedes-Benz Workers
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
The Box Heroes
Wed August 21, 2013
Zounds! Who is that Masked Man?
If you’ve lived here long, then it’s likely you have at least a passing familiarity with Dragon*Con. Each Labor Day weekend, sci-fi, fantasy and comic book fans swoop in on downtown Atlanta—often in costume—for a three-day conference that begins with a parade that draws spectators by the thousands.
Ahead of next week's festivities, WABE’s Kate Sweeney has the story of a group of ordinary mortals who became masked heroes by harnessing the powers of their creativity and one very common household material.
For more thrilling photos of the Box Heroes, visit their website here.