Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Conservatives Call for Boycott of Companies That Opposed SB 377
- Senate Passes Bill Aimed at Separating Georgia from Common Core
- Common Core Bill Could Cause Data Problems for Schools
- Marijuana, Medicaid & Food Stamp Drug Testing Make Crossover Deadline
- Senate Passes Bill Banning Abortion Coverage from Some Insurance Policies
Local Program Hosts
StoryCorps is partnering with the Atlanta History Center and Public Broadcasting Atlanta to record, preserve, and share the stories of communities in Atlanta. Our mission is to provide Americans of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share, and preserve the stories of our lives.
Since 2003, over 80,000 people have shared life stories with family and friends through StoryCorps. Each conversation is recorded on a free CD to share, and is preserved at the Library of Congress. StoryCorps is one of the largest oral history projects of its kind, and millions listen to our broadcasts on public radio and the web.
I'd like to participate!
Great! Visit our Reservations page to learn how you can become a part of StoryCorps in Atlanta.
When can I hear StoryCorps on WABE 90.1 FM?
- Tuesday during Morning Edition at 7:35 a.m.
- Tuesday during City Café between 12-1 p.m.
- Friday during Morning Edition between 6-7 a.m. and 8-9 a.m.
Where can I find out more about StoryCorps Atlanta?
Listen to more stories from Atlanta, and get news and updates about local StoryCorps events and recordings here.
This is great! What else can I do here?
- Browse the archive of StoryCorps Atlanta entries created prior to February 28, 2012, here.
- Watch StoryCorps Animated Shorts here.
- Listen to the StoryCorps Atlanta podcast here.
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:30pmPlans to privatize the state’s foster care system took another step forward Tuesday after a Georgia House committee unanimously approved a substitute...
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 4:58pmThe state House is trying to force the hand of their Senate colleagues on sweeping gun legislation. In a surprise move Tuesday, the House did two things...
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 1:59pmIt's like deja vu all over again. Earlier this year, Brookhaven City Councilman Bates Mattison said his city was going to get Google Fiber. Within 24...
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:42pmClients at a local nonprofit residential mental health center face some tough issues. Clients at Skyland Trail grapple with diagnoses such as...
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 9:36amA House bill to honor Martin Luther King, Jr., on the grounds of the Georgia Capitol passed another key hurdle Monday. A potential monument to the late...