Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Krog Street Tunnel Painted Over to Protest Masquerade
- Woodruff Arts Center Gives Atlanta Symphony Players Deadline to Accept Contract Proposal
- Artists Could Crash Controversial Krog Tunnel Masquerade
- Wait, Why Is the CDC in Atlanta?
- Indictment Charges Driver in Greg Germani Hit-and-Run with Attempted Murder
Local Program Hosts
StoryCorps’ mission is to provide people of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share and preserve the stories of our lives. We do this to remind one another of our shared humanity, to strengthen and build the connections between people, to teach the value of listening, and to weave into the fabric of our culture the understanding that everyone’s story matters.
StoryCorps is partnering with the Atlanta History Center and Public Broadcasting Atlanta to record, preserve, and share the stories of communities in Atlanta. Our mission is to provide Americans of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share, and preserve the stories of our lives.
Since 2003, over 80,000 people have shared life stories with family and friends through StoryCorps. Each conversation is recorded on a free CD to share, and is preserved at the Library of Congress. StoryCorps is one of the largest oral history projects of its kind, and millions listen to our broadcasts on public radio and the web.
I'd like to participate!
Great! Visit our Reservations page to learn how you can become a part of StoryCorps in Atlanta.
When can I hear StoryCorps on WABE 90.1 FM?
- Tuesday during Morning Edition at 7:35 a.m.
- Tuesday during City Café between 12-1 p.m.
- Friday during Morning Edition between 6-7 a.m. and 8-9 a.m.
Where can I find out more about StoryCorps Atlanta?
Listen to more stories from Atlanta, and get news and updates about local StoryCorps events and recordings here.
This is great! What else can I do here?
- Browse the archive of StoryCorps Atlanta entries created prior to February 28, 2012, here.
- Watch StoryCorps Animated Shorts here.
- Listen to the StoryCorps Atlanta podcast here.
Friday, October 24, 2014 5:03pmDespite three days of talks with the help of a federal mediator, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra players and Woodruff Arts Center management still haven’t...
Friday, October 24, 2014 4:30pmHundreds of bikers, runners and walkers are “getting a leg up” for a good cause this weekend. It's called the Tour de Pink and it is Atlanta’s one and...
Friday, October 24, 2014 4:22pmIt’s been an eventful week in DeKalb County. The corruption case of suspended DeKalb CEO Burrell Ellis ended with a hung jury. And a much-anticipated...
Friday, October 24, 2014 3:52pmSeveral metro Atlanta school systems have updated their health policies to include Ebola guidelines. The DeKalb County school district was one of the...
Friday, October 24, 2014 11:36amIt's kind of like an early Christmas for foodies, or hungry people. The 13th annual Taste of Atlanta kicks off Friday and runs through Sunday. More...