Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't Stuff The Turkey And Other Tips From 'America's Test Kitchen'
- Ria's Bluebird Re-Opens to Honor Pell
- With Stadium Deal Official, Atlanta Begins Planning for Braves Departure
- Cobb Commissioners Hold Town Hall Meetings on Braves Stadium
- Hundreds of Muslims attend conference to eradicate Islamophobia
Local Program Hosts
StoryCorps is partnering with the Atlanta History Center and Public Broadcasting Atlanta to record, preserve, and share the stories of communities in Atlanta. Our mission is to provide Americans of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share, and preserve the stories of our lives.
Since 2003, over 80,000 people have shared life stories with family and friends through StoryCorps. Each conversation is recorded on a free CD to share, and is preserved at the Library of Congress. StoryCorps is one of the largest oral history projects of its kind, and millions listen to our broadcasts on public radio and the web.
I'd like to participate!
Great! Visit our Reservations page to learn how you can become a part of StoryCorps in Atlanta.
When can I hear StoryCorps on WABE 90.1 FM?
- Tuesday during Morning Edition at 7:35 a.m.
- Tuesday during City Café between 12-1 p.m.
- Friday during Morning Edition between 6-7 a.m. and 8-9 a.m.
Where can I find out more about StoryCorps Atlanta?
Listen to more stories from Atlanta, and get news and updates about local StoryCorps events and recordings here.
This is great! What else can I do here?
- Browse the archive of StoryCorps Atlanta entries created prior to February 28, 2012, here.
- Watch StoryCorps Animated Shorts here.
- Listen to the StoryCorps Atlanta podcast here.
Thursday, December 5, 2013 12:59pmIt's one of the worst kept secrets in Atlanta sports. There is a push to bring Major League Soccer into the capital of the Peach State. In his State of...
Thursday, December 5, 2013 12:25pmThis weekend sees the return of a musical holiday tradition that’s been taking place for more than eight decades. Each year, the glee clubs of historic...
Thursday, December 5, 2013 12:00pmThe Atlanta Journal Constitution's Features Editor Shane Harrison shares a few of the more budget-friendly events happening around Atlanta this week: A...
Thursday, December 5, 2013 9:00amGeorgia is scheduled to adopt new tests for students in grades 3-12 next year to assess the Common Core education standards. However, officials are on...
Thursday, December 5, 2013 6:39amThis Saturday is December 7th. If we were to turn Atlanta's clock back 67 years to this date in 1946, we'd be witness to a massive fire engulfing one...