Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Morris Brown College Unveils Plan to Emerge from Bankruptcy
- Citing Cost, City of Atlanta Says MARTA Won’t Operate Streetcar
- Federal Probe Involving State Ethics Commission and Gov. Deal Widens
- The Weather Channel Considers Possible Move
- Atlanta Leaders Organize Gun Buyback Inititiative As State Pols Look To Ease Restrictions
Local Program Hosts
StoryCorps is partnering with the Atlanta History Center and Public Broadcasting Atlanta to record, preserve, and share the stories of communities in Atlanta. Our mission is to provide Americans of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share, and preserve the stories of our lives.
Since 2003, over 80,000 people have shared life stories with family and friends through StoryCorps. Each conversation is recorded on a free CD to share, and is preserved at the Library of Congress. StoryCorps is one of the largest oral history projects of its kind, and millions listen to our broadcasts on public radio and the web.
I'd like to participate!
Great! Visit our Reservations page to learn how you can become a part of StoryCorps in Atlanta.
When can I hear StoryCorps on WABE 90.1 FM?
- Tuesday during Morning Edition at 7:35 a.m.
- Tuesday during City Café between 12-1 p.m.
- Friday during Morning Edition between 6-7 a.m. and 8-9 a.m.
Where can I find out more about StoryCorps Atlanta?
Listen to more stories from Atlanta, and get news and updates about local StoryCorps events and recordings here.
This is great! What else can I do here?
- Browse the archive of StoryCorps Atlanta entries created prior to February 28, 2012, here.
- Watch StoryCorps Animated Shorts here.
- Listen to the StoryCorps Atlanta podcast here.
Friday, December 20, 2013 8:10pmOn December 19, 2013, the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission (usually called the ethics commission) voted unanimously to...
Friday, December 20, 2013 6:18pmNew guidelines for hypertension management could lead to fewer taking blood pressure medication. The guidelines were published this week in the Journal...
Friday, December 20, 2013 5:30pmGovernor Nathan Deal’s office is revealing plans for more criminal justice reforms, the third stage of a three-part overhaul to the system that’s...
Friday, December 20, 2013 3:21pmHundreds of emails released Thursday show Atlanta city officials were blindsided when the Atlanta Braves announced last month its move to Cobb County....
Friday, December 20, 2013 12:19pmThe arts of the Irish, Scottish, Welsh and Appalachian holiday traditions will take the Rialto stage this weekend for Celtic Christmas. I sat down with...