Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
- Georgia Tech Program Links Creativity Between Art, Science
- Atlanta Held In Contempt Over Eagle Raid Settlement
- Girls Are Loud, Dirty, Messy In Atlanta Photographer’s Series
- Surgeon General Calls Out Atlanta Airport’s Smoking Lounges
StoryCorps’ mission is to provide people of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share and preserve the stories of our lives. We do this to remind one another of our shared humanity, to strengthen and build the connections between people, to teach the value of listening, and to weave into the fabric of our culture the understanding that everyone’s story matters.
StoryCorps is partnering with the Atlanta History Center and Public Broadcasting Atlanta to record, preserve, and share the stories of communities in Atlanta. Our mission is to provide Americans of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share, and preserve the stories of our lives.
Since 2003, over 80,000 people have shared life stories with family and friends through StoryCorps. Each conversation is recorded on a free CD to share, and is preserved at the Library of Congress. StoryCorps is one of the largest oral history projects of its kind, and millions listen to our broadcasts on public radio and the web.
I'd like to participate!
Great! Visit our Reservations page to learn how you can become a part of StoryCorps in Atlanta.
When can I hear StoryCorps on WABE 90.1 FM?
- Tuesday during Morning Edition at 7:35 a.m and 9:25 a.m.
- Tuesday during A Closer Look at 12:25 p.m.
- Friday during Morning Edition between 6-7 a.m. and 8-9 a.m.
Where can I find out more about StoryCorps Atlanta?
Listen to more stories from Atlanta, and get news and updates about local StoryCorps events and recordings here.
This is great! What else can I do here?
- Browse the archive of StoryCorps Atlanta entries created prior to February 28, 2012, here.
- Watch StoryCorps Animated Shorts here.
- Listen to the StoryCorps Atlanta podcast here.
Friday, May 22, 2015 6:35pmThe Center for Disease Control and Prevention just released a report on where in the U.S. people are affected by severe vision loss. More than three...
Friday, May 22, 2015 5:44pmGeorgians could save more than $600 million a year in healthcare costs by eating less sodium. That's according to a recent report from the advocacy...
Friday, May 22, 2015 5:00pmThe Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial start of the boating season. And a new report from AAA says roughly one-third of boaters take to the...
Friday, May 22, 2015 4:17pmAtlanta will never be confused with a commuter-friendly city. But do long commute times limit the future economic mobility of young people from...
Friday, May 22, 2015 4:15pmGeorgia lags behind the rest of the nation when it comes to the well-being of its children. That’s the finding of the annual Annie E. Casey Foundation...