Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
- Norcross, Georgia Tech To Study City’s Immigrant Population
- Senate Says Cities Can’t Ban Pit Bulls, Other Dog Breeds
- Georgia May Ban Green Certification For State Buildings
- Georgia House Committee Tables 'Religious Liberty' Bill
StoryCorps’ mission is to provide people of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share and preserve the stories of our lives. We do this to remind one another of our shared humanity, to strengthen and build the connections between people, to teach the value of listening, and to weave into the fabric of our culture the understanding that everyone’s story matters.
StoryCorps is partnering with the Atlanta History Center and Public Broadcasting Atlanta to record, preserve, and share the stories of communities in Atlanta. Our mission is to provide Americans of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share, and preserve the stories of our lives.
Since 2003, over 80,000 people have shared life stories with family and friends through StoryCorps. Each conversation is recorded on a free CD to share, and is preserved at the Library of Congress. StoryCorps is one of the largest oral history projects of its kind, and millions listen to our broadcasts on public radio and the web.
I'd like to participate!
Great! Visit our Reservations page to learn how you can become a part of StoryCorps in Atlanta.
When can I hear StoryCorps on WABE 90.1 FM?
- Tuesday during Morning Edition at 7:35 a.m and 9:25 a.m.
- Tuesday during A Closer Look at 12:25 p.m.
- Friday during Morning Edition between 6-7 a.m. and 8-9 a.m.
Where can I find out more about StoryCorps Atlanta?
Listen to more stories from Atlanta, and get news and updates about local StoryCorps events and recordings here.
This is great! What else can I do here?
- Browse the archive of StoryCorps Atlanta entries created prior to February 28, 2012, here.
- Watch StoryCorps Animated Shorts here.
- Listen to the StoryCorps Atlanta podcast here.
Friday, March 27, 2015 7:59pmIn 1986, then-Georgia Attorney General Mike Bowers and his office won a U.S. Supreme Court case, which upheld the constitutionality of Georgia's sodomy...
Friday, March 27, 2015 5:56pmA majority of cats and dogs in the United States are overweight and many pet owners don’t even know it. That sobering statistic from the Association of...
Friday, March 27, 2015 4:59pmIn its latest anti-smoking campaign, the Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention takes on a new target: E-Cigarettes. The radio and...
Friday, March 27, 2015 4:39pmSpring football practice is wrapping up at colleges across Georgia, and at Kennesaw State University in Cobb County, the drills and scrimmages have...
Friday, March 27, 2015 4:03pmPart-time university instructors, or adjunct professors, staged the first ever Adjunct Faculty Walkout Day across the U.S. and Canada last month in a...