Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Atlanta's Traffic Woes Trace Back To Railroads, Land Lotteries
- Redevelopment Threatens Culture Of Some Atlanta Neighborhoods
- Delta: Informing, Not Shaming, Those Who Buy Low-Fare Tickets
- Free Puppies: Atlanta Animal Shelters Waive Fees For National Dog Day
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
StoryCorps’ mission is to provide people of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share and preserve the stories of our lives. We do this to remind one another of our shared humanity, to strengthen and build the connections between people, to teach the value of listening, and to weave into the fabric of our culture the understanding that everyone’s story matters.
StoryCorps is partnering with the Atlanta History Center and Public Broadcasting Atlanta to record, preserve, and share the stories of communities in Atlanta. Our mission is to provide Americans of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share, and preserve the stories of our lives.
Since 2003, over 80,000 people have shared life stories with family and friends through StoryCorps. Each conversation is recorded on a free CD to share, and is preserved at the Library of Congress. StoryCorps is one of the largest oral history projects of its kind, and millions listen to our broadcasts on public radio and the web.
I'd like to participate!
Great! Visit our Reservations page to learn how you can become a part of StoryCorps in Atlanta.
When can I hear StoryCorps on WABE 90.1 FM?
- Tuesday during Morning Edition at 7:35 a.m and 9:25 a.m.
- Tuesday during A Closer Look at 12:25 p.m.
- Friday during Morning Edition between 6-7 a.m. and 8-9 a.m.
Where can I find out more about StoryCorps Atlanta?
Listen to more stories from Atlanta, and get news and updates about local StoryCorps events and recordings here.
This is great! What else can I do here?
- Browse the archive of StoryCorps Atlanta entries created prior to February 28, 2012, here.
- Watch StoryCorps Animated Shorts here.
- Listen to the StoryCorps Atlanta podcast here.
Tuesday, September 1, 2015 7:44amAmelia Boynton Robinson has died. She was 104. Robinson started her career in Civil Rights in the 1930s as a voting rights activist. On March 7, 1965,...
Monday, August 31, 2015 6:01pmMARTA is offering free rides on its trains and buses over the Labor Day weekend. That might come in very handy for residents and visitors alike, who...
Monday, August 31, 2015 5:14pmParents may want to brace themselves for lower test scores this year. State education officials say results of the new Georgia Milestones test may be...
Monday, August 31, 2015 4:19pmAs a former member of the Atlanta Youth Symphony Orchestra, Jennifer Stumm appreciates the need for an ambitious program for aspiring musicians. The...
Monday, August 31, 2015 4:19pmShortening the five day school week down to four days just might be good for children. At least that’s what researchers at Georgia State University and...