Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Conservatives Call for Boycott of Companies That Opposed SB 377
- Senate Passes Bill Aimed at Separating Georgia from Common Core
- Common Core Bill Could Cause Data Problems for Schools
- Marijuana, Medicaid & Food Stamp Drug Testing Make Crossover Deadline
- Senate Passes Bill Banning Abortion Coverage from Some Insurance Policies
Local Program Hosts
The Heavy Lift: A partnership between WABE and Creative Loafing
Chances are you or someone you know has been touched by a non-profit organization in Metro Atlanta.
In order to meet their goals, non-profits face a number of challenges. Some of them are shared. Others are unique.
To better understand the effect of area non-profits and the stories behind these organizations, WABE and Creative Loafing Atlanta have partnered for a series called The Heavy Lift.
Through stories on-air, online and in print, the four-part series looks at the region’s vibrant and vital non-profit community.
You can listen and read the stories below. You can also see more on Creative Loafing’s website.