Georgia is among the states taking part in the Eighth National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day. Saturday's event, which starts at 10 am, is part...
Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
Gov. Nathan Deal Wednesday signed into law a sweeping gun bill attracting national attention. House Speaker David Ralston introduced Deal at the bill...
Health & Science
Latest from WABE
Many restaurants around Atlanta have embraced localism by getting their meats and produce from area farms or even growing their own vegetables....
Atlanta-based Delta Airlines Wednesday reported a record profit for the first three months of this year. That’s despite a tough start to 2014....
William Shakespeare is known for his great masterpieces of verse, plays and sonnets. Georgia Shakespeare hosts a summer camp to teach kids about...
[Update: Gov. Deal has now signed the gun bill along with several others. More details to follow.] Governor Nathan Deal will sign a bill today that...
StoryCorps is one of the largest oral history projects of its kind, and millions listen to our broadcasts on public radio and the web.
Launched in 1931, the Metropolitan Opera's Saturday matinee broadcasts are the longest-running continuous classical program in radio history. The 81st season kicks off..
Latest from NPR
- Jobless Claims Bounce Up From Earlier Weeks' Low Levels After two straight weeks in which the figures tracked near their lowest levels in seven years, the number of first-time applications for jobless...
- Stowaway Teen's Father Was Shocked To Hear Son Was In Hawaii The father of a teen who last weekend survived a 5 1/2 flight from California to Hawaii in the wheel well of a passenger jet says that: "When I...
No Breakthrough: 'Object Of Interest' Isn't From Missing Jet
Colleges Move To Ban Selfie Taking At Graduation Ceremonies
Amsterdam Mayor May Ban Pot In Red Light District, Court Says