Lanvester Jackson has always loved music. And while some people pick up the guitar or the drums, he’s always had a passion for another instrument....
Most Active Stories
- Conservatives Call for Boycott of Companies That Opposed SB 377
- Senate Passes Bill Aimed at Separating Georgia from Common Core
- Common Core Bill Could Cause Data Problems for Schools
- Marijuana, Medicaid & Food Stamp Drug Testing Make Crossover Deadline
- Senate Passes Bill Banning Abortion Coverage from Some Insurance Policies
Local Program Hosts
U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Monday raised awareness in Atlanta about the Affordable Care Act, as two controversial bills...
Latest from WABE
A U.S. Supreme Court decision on Monday threw out the legal basis for trails that follow old rail lines. Such "rails-to-trails" use the rights-...
Opera tenor Noah Stewart is known for being a musical ground-breaker. He's in town this week, singing the lead in The Atlanta Opera’s production of...
The AJC - Decatur Book Festival’s Daren Wang drops by to fill us on the week’s book events, and he starts off with a visit by an author whose...
Early education programs, like public pre-kindergarten, are generally popular among parents and educators alike. But when communities invest in...
StoryCorps is one of the largest oral history projects of its kind, and millions listen to our broadcasts on public radio and the web.
Launched in 1931, the Metropolitan Opera's Saturday matinee broadcasts are the longest-running continuous classical program in radio history. The 81st season kicks off..
Latest from NPR
- Florida Election Tests Midterm Messaging There's a congressional election in Florida Tuesday that's worth watching — even if you don't live in the Tampa Bay-area district where it's taking...
- No Terror Link Seen Between Stolen Passports, Missing Malaysian Jet There's still no sign of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 — the Boeing 777 with 239 people aboard that disappeared early Saturday while on a flight from...
Tiny Sushi Is A Big Hit At Tokyo Restaurant
New Zealand Man Wagers His Name In A Poker Game
Ukraine Crisis Weighs Heavy On Other Foreign Policy Issues