WABE's Denis O'Hayer sat down with both candidates in the Republican runoff for the U.S. Senate seat currently held by Republican Saxby Chambliss,...
Most Active Stories
- Arrest in Cyclist Greg Germani Hit-and-Run
- Demolition Underway at Suburban Plaza
- Federal Legislation Pending to Expand Kennesaw Battlefield National Park
- Children's Hospital of Atlanta Considering New Clinical Services at I-85 and North Druid Hills Road
- Ethics Chief Says She Was Pressured By Deal Aides To Settle 2010 Investigation
Local Program Hosts
There are some changes in polling places for tomorrow’s run-off election. Fulton County is changing nine of its location; the changed polling places are...
Latest from WABE
Daren Wang of the AJC-Decatur Book Festival talked with City Cafe host John Lemley about the upcoming literary events happening around Atlanta. As...
Atlanta's profile in the tech world is getting another boost. Deloitte is expected to open an "iLab" in the downtown area later this year. That's...
With Georgia’s primary election runoff set for tomorrow, Republican U.S. Senate candidate David Perdue has been canvassing the state, spreading his...
Construction officials say the oldest African American church in Atlanta will likely be torn down this week. Friendship Baptist Church, located...
StoryCorps is one of the largest oral history projects of its kind, and millions listen to our broadcasts on public radio and the web.
Launched in 1931, the Metropolitan Opera's Saturday matinee broadcasts are the longest-running continuous classical program in radio history. The 81st season kicks off..
Latest from NPR
Sheriff Puts Inmates Back In Stripes As Orange Jumpsuits Gain Fame
Woman Will Officiate Big 12 Football Game For The First Time
Rosetta Spacecraft Readies For Rendezvous With Comet
Telecommuting Didn't Work Out For One Transplanted Worker
- Teens Say Looks Can Be Liberating Despite Fashion Police At Oakland Tech, like high schools all over, passing period is a time for passing judgments. Aaliyah Douglass, a 17-year-old, gives me a taste...