One day after Atlanta-based Delta Air Lines announced a record profit, Southwest Airlines, AirTran’s parent company, followed suit. Southwest...
Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal Thursday signed into law a bill aimed at protecting those who report a drug or alcohol overdose. The bill protects those who...
Health & Science
Latest from WABE
The Atlanta Journal Constitution's Features Editor Shane Harrison shares a few of the more budget-friendly events happening around Atlanta this...
Georgia is among the states taking part in the Eighth National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day. Saturday's event, which starts at 10 am, is part...
Today, Governor Nathan Deal signed a sweeping bill to expand gun rights in Georgia. Opponents have dubbed it the “guns everywhere bill” and...
Gov. Nathan Deal Wednesday signed into law a sweeping gun bill attracting national attention. House Speaker David Ralston introduced Deal at the...
StoryCorps is one of the largest oral history projects of its kind, and millions listen to our broadcasts on public radio and the web.
Launched in 1931, the Metropolitan Opera's Saturday matinee broadcasts are the longest-running continuous classical program in radio history. The 81st season kicks off..
Latest from NPR
How One State Convinced Its 'Young Invicibles' To Get Health Insurance
- California Farmers Finagle A Fig For All Seasons True fig lovers are well-practiced in the art of patience. We watch the calendar, dreaming of summer and the fruit's silky, sappy flesh. The season...
- Tech Giants Pony Up Cash To Help Prevent Another Heartbleed Google, Intel, Facebook and many other tech giants are pooling their money together — for the first time — to fix a glaring hole in cybersecurity....
Chemical Weapons Deadline May Be Met, But Results In Syria Are Mixed
CIA Acts In Syria, Slipping Weapons To Rebels In Secret