Paulding County is the first county in the state to roll out 911 texting. The county’s 911 Director, David Mumford, says the new system has been up...
Most Active Stories
- Mixed Use Development Planned at Avondale MARTA Station
- Controversy Over Pay Raises Puts Greater Focus On Atlanta Watershed Operations
- StoryCorps: Nicholas Church and Reese McCranie
- Deal Concerned About Lack Of Transparency In Private Probation Bill
- Messages for Georgia Republicans--and Democrats--in New Insider Advantage GOP Primary Poll
Local Program Hosts
The country’s oldest and largest legal organization that works on behalf of lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgender people filed a federal class...
Online Voter Registration
Latest from WABE
Georgia Republican U.S. Rep. Jack Kingston reportedly opposes a plan to fund gun violence research, a reversal of the Savannah congressman’s stance...
Chuck Reece decided to call the web magazine he edits The Bitter Southerner because he was, as he freely admits, feeling bitter toward his native...
It's April 22, otherwise known as Earth Day. "It's important that we consider Earth Day as a chance to make a commitment to engaging with the...
The University of West Georgia is using something from the past to fuel its future. The Carrolton-based school is planning to use the renovated...
StoryCorps is one of the largest oral history projects of its kind, and millions listen to our broadcasts on public radio and the web.
Launched in 1931, the Metropolitan Opera's Saturday matinee broadcasts are the longest-running continuous classical program in radio history. The 81st season kicks off..
Latest from NPR
Legal Battle Over Affirmative Action Continues
How Hospitals Can Reduce Disabilities For Stroke Patients
San Francisco Library Hires Social Worker To Help Homeless Patrons
- In Tulsa, Combining Preschool With Help For Parents At preschools in Tulsa, Okla., teachers are well-educated and well-paid, and classrooms are focused on play, but are still challenging. One nonprofit...
- One Approach To Head Start: To Help Kids, Help Their Parents President Obama has called repeatedly on Congress to help states pay for "high-quality preschool" for all. In fact, those two words — "high quality...