Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'White Flight' and Atlanta's Churches Revisited in Emory Honors Thesis
- Reporter's Notebook: The BeltLine Then and Now
- Atlanta Suburbs See Alarming Rise in Poverty, Study Finds
- President's Morehouse Remarks on Race Spark Social Media Discussion
- Georgia Aquarium Waits Almost a Year on Application to Import Beluga Whales
All Things Considered and Marketplace are locally hosted by broadcast veteran Denis O’Hayer. Prior to working at WABE, Denis covered local affairs, politics and government for 11 years as a political reporter for WXIA/11Alive. As ATC host, he brings with him the same keen eye for news and information. ATC offers listeners up-to-date traffic reports, weather updates, and provides three expanded Atlanta-based news reports each hour.
O’Hayer began his broadcast career in radio in Connecticut in 1976 at WGCH-AM followed by WELI-AM. In 1978, his career led him to Atlanta where he accepted a position with WGST-AM/FM. O’Hayer worked at the station for more than 19 years in a variety of roles. Through the years, O’Hayer has hosted several news and public affairs programs including Midday and Lifestyle, two magazine shows; Counterpoint with Tom Houck and Dick Williams; Cover Your Assets, a consumer-oriented show; Lawn & Garden; The Home Show; The Law Show; and Thirty ‘til Six, an afternoon drive news block with Bob Coxe. From 1991-1997, O’Hayer hosted Sixty at Six, a daily, one hour news and interview program. His broadcast career also includes on-air work with CNN’s Southeast Bureau and Georgia Public Broadcasting.