Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Girls Are Loud, Dirty, Messy In Atlanta Photographer’s Series
- How Atlanta Was Kept Out Of Cobb County By A 10-Foot-Wide City
- Atlanta's New Recycling Center Goes Beyond Bottles And Cans
- Norcross Votes To Demolish Buford Highway's Plaza Latina
- Half Of Atlanta's Newly Diagnosed HIV Patients Have AIDS, Grady Testing Finds
The distinctive voice of Lois Reitzes has been heard over WABE’s airwaves since 1979. Lois is Atlanta’s favorite classical announcer. As host of the weekday program Second Cup Concert, which airs from 9 a.m. until noon, she selects music especially to complement your morning tasks. In addition to Second Cup, Lois produces and hosts WABE’s Atlanta Symphony Orchestra broadcasts and Spivey Soirée series. She served as Program Director from 1992-2007, and became Director of Arts and Cultural Programming in 2007. Hosting arts features and interviews is an ongoing joy of her job.
Lois pursued graduate study at the Indiana University School of Music in Bloomington. She lists her favorite exercise as reading - preferably while eating! Her favorite island getaway is Manhattan. Lois resides in Atlanta with husband Don, who chairs the Sociology Department at Georgia State University. The Reitzes’ have two children, Jackie and Michael, and a golden non-retriever named Rex.