Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Discovering 'The Hidden South': A Conversation With Photojournalist Brent Walker
- MARTA To Lose Millions Due To 'Birthday Tax' Change
- A Talk With The Vermont Artist Who Won A Trademark Fight With Chick-fil-A
- Battle Brewing Over State's Beer Laws
- Cobb County Woman Jailed For Cursing At Cops Wins $100K Settlement Against County
Local Program Hosts
Martha Dalton is a native of Atlanta, Georgia. She came to WABE in May 2010 after working at CNN Radio.
Martha covers education and immigration issues in the metro Atlanta area and statewide. She also reports on how federal education policy is enacted at the local level. She has covered the DeKalb County school district extensively, including governor’s recent decision to replace six board members. She also reported on the indictment of 35 former educators in the Atlanta Public Schools. Martha has worked in partnership with NPR and its StateImpact project on reporting key educational issues, such as the implementation of the Common Core State Standards. She is also a contributor to the NPR show LatinoUSA.
Martha has worked for radio stations in Atlanta, Savannah, and Charleston, S.C. In her former life, she worked for ten years as a teacher and reading specialist for students in grades K-12. She has a bachelor’s degree from Furman University and a master’s degree from Georgia State.