Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Conservatives Call for Boycott of Companies That Opposed SB 377
- Senate Passes Bill Aimed at Separating Georgia from Common Core
- Common Core Bill Could Cause Data Problems for Schools
- Marijuana, Medicaid & Food Stamp Drug Testing Make Crossover Deadline
- Senate Passes Bill Banning Abortion Coverage from Some Insurance Policies
Local Program Hosts
Martha Dalton is a native of Atlanta, Georgia. She came to WABE in May 2010 after working at CNN Radio.
Martha covers education and immigration issues in the metro Atlanta area and statewide. She also reports on how federal education policy is enacted at the local level. She has covered the DeKalb County school district extensively, including governor’s recent decision to replace six board members. She also reported on the indictment of 35 former educators in the Atlanta Public Schools. Martha has worked in partnership with NPR and its StateImpact project on reporting key educational issues, such as the implementation of the Common Core State Standards.
Martha has worked for radio stations in Atlanta, Savannah, and Charleston, S.C. In her former life, she worked for ten years as a teacher and reading specialist for students in grades K-12. She has a bachelor’s degree from Furman University and a master’s from Georgia State.