Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Avondale Estates Rebuilding Commercial Area One Small, Locally-Owned Business at a Time
- Ten-Acre Development Proposed for Piedmont/Lindbergh Area in Buckhead
- Dark Day for Former DeKalb Commissioner Elaine Boyer
- StoryCorps Atlanta: Cecilia Sáenz Becerra and Taryn Jordan
- UPDATE: Historic Trio Laundry Building Being Demolished
Local Program Hosts
Steve Goss was first allowed inside a radio station when he interned as a writer and producer for Atlanta News/Talk station WGST. When he was hired by sister station, WPCH (“Peach”), he embarked on a broadcasting career that few in Atlanta have matched. Recently, Steve’s 25+ year tenure on the air and extensive community service was recognized with a “Lifetime Achievement Award” presented by Atlanta Achievement in Radio and the March of Dimes.
Steve is a familiar face around Atlanta, too, as a volunteer for numerous charitable events and fundraisers, and as a sought after Master of Ceremonies at social functions. A graduate of Emory University (M.A., 1976), Steve has received several awards for broadcast journalism, including the Ohio State Award and United Press International’s “Best Radio Feature” prize for his “Peach of a City” series. In 1987 he was named an “Outstanding Georgia Citizen” by the office of the Secretary of State.
Steve enjoys baseball, running..and gardening. He lives in Stone Mountain with his wife, Karen; they have 2 sons—Corey and Garrett.